Our 1-hour Concussion Awareness course is designed for sports coaches, parents, and sports officials, or anyone interfacing with athletes whom may sustain concussions or head injuries. This comprehensive and fast-paced course focuses on the causes of concussions and the assessment of persons who may have suffered a brain injury.
Through both lecture and video presentations, participants will learn how to identify and evaluate persons with brain injuries and provide appropriate care prior to EMS response.
- Physiology of a concussion
- Recognition of a possible concussion
- Assessment of a concussion victim
- First Aid for concussion victims
- Return to play process for athletes
- Concussion prevention
Completion certificates are issued following course completion.